Facts and Myths about the use of condoms
· Correct and Consisted use of condoms with every act of sex reduce the risk of pregnancy and the spread of sexually transmitted.
· Correct and consistent use of condoms makes them 98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
· Condoms do not have holes that HIV can pass through. Therefore, when used consistently and correctly, condom use prevents HIV transmission that would have occurred without condoms.
· On average, about 2% of condoms break or slip off completely during sex, which occurs when misused. However, used correctly, condoms rarely break.
· Lubrication helps avoid condom breakage. Clean water and saliva also can be used for Lubrication.
· Men with large penis cannot find a condom that fits them properly.
· Some couples incorrectly believe that condom use decreases a man’s libido and can cause impotence or those condoms reduce or interfere with sexual pleasure.
· Most people believe that using two condoms is better than using one when you use two condoms, it is easy to break and causes discomfort.
Sex is not enjoyable when using condoms. Condoms are lubricated to ensure that both partners enjoy and are comfortable.