Remembering to take your pill
Did you know that forgetting to take your pill is one of the common reasons why the pill keeps failing?
For the pill to work effectively at preventing pregnancy, you need to always remember to take it as prescribed.
A great way to help you achieve perfect use, is to form a habit to help you remember to take your pill. You can do this by;
- Setting reminders on your phone.
- Put a reminder note some place it will be seen every day
- Forming a habit of taking the pill. You can achieve this by placing it in places where you are likely to remember, like next to your toothbrush, by your bed, next to your phone or glasses.
- Carry extra doses. Leave some extra doses in a bag/purse you use often so you can take your pill if you’re away from home.
- Use the pill box. A weekly pill box with compartments for each day and dosing time can be a visual reminder to take your pill and help prevent double doses.
- Take the pill with an activity you do at the same time every day.
- Record each dose you take. You can do this by using the calendar. Each time you take your dose you tick the calendar.
If remembering to take your pill is too much hassle, there are other contraceptive options available for you. Make sure you have a discussion with your doctor on the options most suitable for you.