Endometriosis can affect women of any age
Endometriosis is a condition where tissue similar to the lining of the womb starts to grow in other places, such as the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Symptoms of endometriosis
The main symptoms of endometriosis are:
- Pain in your lower tummy or back (pelvic pain) – usually worse during your period
- Period pain that stops you doing your normal activities
- Pain during or after sex
- Pain when peeing or pooing during your period
- Feeling sick, constipation, diarrhea, or blood in your pee during your period
- Difficulty getting pregnant
- You may also have heavy periods.
When to do I see a doctor?
See a doctor if you have the above symptoms of endometriosis, and feel it is having a big impact on your life and health.