Get Informed Topics Abuse & Violence Types of Abuse How to address sexual harassment when you see it
How to address sexual harassment when you see it
Sexual harassment can happen to anyone at any time. Sexual violence is never okay and we must address it when we see it happen.
Here are some ways of addressing it when we see it happen.
- If it’s safe, you can intervene during the harassment help to stop it.
- You can ask for help from an adult if you don’t feel safe to intervene
- Don’t engage with the person harassing someone. Take a step back and ask for help
- Ask the harasser to stop. Do this if it is safe or if it is in a public place.
- If you are able to stop the harassing, ask the person being harassed to leave with you immediately
- Ask the person who was harassed if they’d like to report the incident. If the person is uncomfortable reporting it themselves, you can offer to report it for them.
- Once the harassment has stopped, be there to see how the victim or survivor is doing. You can ask them if they need any help.
Frequently Asked Questions
All about contraceptives
See frequently asked questions on All about contraceptives