Online dating: Safety tips
Are you interested or considering online dating? Are you rea Before you get going, here are a few safety tips that you need to keep in mind.
- Don’t reveal your personal identity online. Keep your profile private.
- Stay completely anonymous. Don’t use your real photos and name online.
- Block and report any person that makes you feel uncomfortable and unsafe
- Not everyone you meet online is who they claim to be. So always be aware of identity fraud. Don’t send them anything
- Learn more about online dating. The more informed you are about online dating, the more you are likely to learn how to keep yourself safe
- If you are meeting, plan. Let your friend or family know you are meeting the person. Share his or her contacts with them and make sure you meet in an open and safe place.
- Avoid opening links and attachments from strangers. They could contain viruses or spam.
Remember that when it comes to online dating, your safety is a priority. It’s important to protect yourself by learning about the risks and having a safety plan.