What do I need to know about hooking up?
What is hook up
Hooking up can vary from person to person but in general hooking up means being intimate or sexual with someone without being in a committed relationship with them.
Hooking up may also be called a one-night stand” or casual sex.
Why do people hook up?
There is plenty of reason as to why people hook up. They include;
- To have sex
- To feel close and connected to someone
- To explore their sexuality
- To start a relationship with someone
- To see if sexual chemistry with someone might lead to something
What should I do when it comes to hooking up
Here is an important thing to keep in mind when it comes to hooking up.
- Practice safe sex always to protect yourself from unintended pregnancy and STIs. Use a condom always.
- Get consent when engaging in sex. Consent needs to be given through words and actions.
- Plan ahead. It is important to let your friends and family where you will be. It is also important to share the contact of the person you are hooking up with with your friend or family you trust.
- Share your limits with your partner. Let them know what you like and what you don’t like.
- Do not do it just because everyone is doing it. Take some time to think about it.
- It’s a good idea to talk about what each person wants before engaging in a hookup so that you can be on the same page and enjoy the moment.