When should I test for HIV?
It is recommended everyone between the ages of 13 and 64 get tested for HIV at least once.
If your answer is yes to the following questions you should test for HIV as soon as possible.
- Are you sharing needles, injected drugs and syringes?
- Have you had unprotected sex with someone living with HIV?
- Have you recently been diagnosed with an STI?
- Have you had more than one sexual partner since you tested for HIV?
- Have you been diagnosed or treated for hepatitis or tuberculosis (TB)?
- Are you a man who has had sex with another man?
- Have you had unprotected sex with someone who isn’t sure about their HIV status?
- Are you exchanging sex for money?
- Are worried about HIV and want to put your mind at ease?
Find a HIV test clinic near you in our clinic finder here(Link)
If you are sexually active, it is recommended that you get tested for HIV and other STIs regularly. Even if you regularly use condoms and don’t think you have been at risk.