TAKING CARE OF YOUR TEETH
What’s the first thing you notice about a person? Usually their smile.
Your teeth don’t only affect your looks but also help you to chew your food.
It’s important to take care of them.
Our teeth help to break the food we eat into smaller pieces so that we can swallow and digest it properly.
Teeth play an important role in our lives and it is very important to take good care of them. If you take care of them, they'll help take care of you.
Strong, healthy teeth help you chew the right foods to help you grow. They help you speak clearly. And yes, they help you look your best. The healthier those teeth are, the happier you look.
How You Can Keep Your Teeth Healthy
You can keep your teeth healthy by doing the following:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. In the morning and before bedtime
- Brush all your teeth and not the front ones only
- Spend 3 to 4 minutes brushing your teeth
- You can also brush your tongue to help keep your breath fresh.
- Replace your toothbrush after 3 months
- See a dentist 4 times a year for checkups and cleaning.
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetable
- Drink water instead of soda.
- Cut down on sugary foods and drinks.
- Floss between your teeth every day.
- Ask your dentist if an antibacterial mouth rinse is right for you.