DRIVERS OF RAPE & ABUSE
Common experiences that lead people to rape include:
- Experience of violence at home or in the community.
- Witnessing or experiencing sexual abuse.
- Experience of being bullied.
- Alcohol and drug abuse.
- Mental health illness.
Some common belief that rapist has to include:
- They believe that their sexual partners do not have the right to say no to sex.
- They believe that they are entitled to sex whenever they feel aroused.
- They believe that women or young girls and boys are inferior to them.
- They believe that if they buy you drinks or gifts that you owe them sex.
- They believe that a woman or child is a sex object meant to satisfy their needs.