Having a suicidal feeling is when you feel the urge to end your life.
If you are experiencing feelings or thoughts you may feel:
- Overwhelmed by negative thoughts
- Unbearable pain
Causes of suicidal feelings
Some of the causes of suicidal feelings include:
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Terminal illness or chronic pain,
- Recent loss or stressful life event.
- History of trauma or abuse.
- Major life changes, such as loss of independence.
- Exposure to other teen suicides.
- Hostile social or school environment.
- Loss of sense of purpose.
Suicidal feelings warning signs
Suicide warning signs include:
- Talking about suicide all the time
- Seeing no hope for the future
- Hating yourself and feeling like a burden to others
- Saying goodbye to people as if you won’t see them again
- Writing poems, stories, music and letters about death
- Withdrawing from everyone
- Self-destructive behaviors such as alcohol abuse, having unprotected sex, driving carelessly
- Seeking out access to knives, poison and other objects that could be used suicide attempt
- Failing to follow medical orders
What can I do to suicidal feelings?
You can do the following to help you manage paranoia:
- Learn and read more about suicidal feelings
- Stay away from drugs and alcohol
- Replace anxious thoughts with positive ones
- Learn how to relax
- Eat healthily and exercise
- Identify your triggers and try avoiding them
- Talk to a trusted friend, adult, or family
- Seek help from a professional counselor
- Do something fun or nice for yourself
- Spend time with people who make you feel safe and good about yourself
- Get enough sleep
- Don’t blame yourself.
- Work on improving your self-esteem
- Do the things you love
- Minimize stress
If you're worried about your suicidal feelings, it's important to seek help as soon as possible.