TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR SLEEP
Do you lie in bed for hours, staring at the clock? Do you wake up feeling groggy and slow? Lack of sleep can do a lot more than make you have a bad morning, it can hurt your mental and physical health.
It’s natural to sometimes have a hard time getting enough sleep. Some of the things that might hinder you free getting that good sleep include; stress, pain, watching tv or playing a video game during bedtime hours, nightmares, and mental health disorders,
Sleep is very important for your overall health and for staying healthy. It gives your body time to process toxins and release important hormones to keep you balanced.
With good sleep, your body develops and grows faster, enhances memory, heals faster from illness and injury, and finally reduces and stabilizes anxiety.
There are things you can do to help yourself have a better rest,
- Switch off your tv and tablets when you are about to sleep since using them before sleeping can stimulate your mind and make it difficult for you to sleep.
- Avoid drinking plenty of liquids like water before sleeping. This will prevent you from going to the washroom all the time at night.
- Resist the urge to sleep during the day since it can make it harder for you to sleep at night.
- Stick to a bedtime schedule. Wake up and sleep at the same time every time.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages such as coffee too close to bedtime. They can affect your sleep
- Relax before sleeping. You can talk a warm bath or listen to soothing music. This will help you relax and go back to sleep.
- Trying to work out a few hours before bedtime. Exercise helps your body relax which is good for sleep.
- If you can fall asleep, get up and do something that will help you relax then go back to bed.
It’s important that you take good care of yourself. When things get busy, it’s okay for your sleep to fluctuate but as long as you’re not constantly depriving yourself of a good night’s rest.