How to help a friend who’s experiencing bullying
Is your friend experiencing bullying? Here are some ways you can offer them help and support.
- Reach out to them and ask if they might need any support from you. Assure them that you will always be there for them.
- Help your friend stay safe. You can help them by creating a safety plan with them.
- Encourage your friend to report the bullying. Reporting bullying can help end it and protect others
- Tell your friend to keep a record of the bullying in case he or she decides to report it. This way, they will have all the evidence
- Try hanging out with your friend and do something fun together. This will make them feel they are not alone and make them feel much better.
- You can step in and let the person bullying your friend know that their behavior is never okay.
- You can help your friend get help and support