What to do if you witness bullying?
If you are witnessing someone being bullied, you have a role to play in helping to stop the abuse.
You can do the following:
- Report them. You can report them to your teacher, adult, coach, or police.
- If it is safe, speak against what they are doing. Telling the person what they are doing is not okay can motivate them to stop
- Provide an escape plan to the person being bullied. You can approach the person, ask them if they are okay, and leave with them.
- Speak up against any form of bullying
- Provide support to the person who has been bullied.