I am being bullied. What can I do?
There are many things that you can do if you're being bullied. Here are some ideas:
- Keep your distance from bullies
- Don’t bully them back
- Report it. You can report it to your school or police if your life is in danger.
- Tell them what they are doing is not okay at all
- Talk to an adult you trust, like parents and teachers
- Ignore them and walk away
- Get support from family and friends. They can help you feel better while you’re experiencing bullying.
- Take time to do something nice for yourself. Be kind to yourself. Focus on positive vibes only.
- Have someone help you report bullying or assault
- Walk tall and hold your head high to send a message that you are not vulnerable.
- Practice confidence. By doing this, no one can put you down.
- Find support. It may help to talk to a guidance counselor, teacher, or friend. Talking can be a good outlet for the fears and frustrations that can build when you're being bullied.
- Don’t give a bully a chance to put you down. Don’t go into hiding. Move on with your life and show them they can’t put you down.