What is bullying?
Bullying is an ongoing or repeated, behavior that hurts, harms, or humiliates a person.
Bullying can happen anywhere and to anyone.
It is important to remember that bullying is never okay.
Why do people bully others?
There are lots of reasons why someone might bully others. They include;
- Feeling jealous
- Wanting others to like them
- Wanting to feel better about themselves
- Wanting to fit in with their friends
- Feeling angry inside
- Like to be in control or have power over others
- Have been bullied themselves
- Not knowing that what they are doing is wrong
What Are the Effects of Bullying?
Bullying can be very hurtful and cause a lot of pain. You may experience the following effects;
- Have trouble sleeping
- Lose your appetite
- Have trouble concentrating
- Feel down about yourself
- Find it hard to cope
- Have thoughts of hurting yourself
- Feel suicidal
- Have trouble with school work
- Feel physically sick
- Feel hopeless or powerless
- Feel alone, sad, angry, or confused
- Feel unsafe or afraid